Last year, the Trust Advisor polled its readership by asking which trust state is best. The only choices allowed by the poll were Alaska, Delaware, Nevada and South Dakota. Nevada won with 64 percent of the vote, followed by Alaska with 15 percent, South Dakota with 11 percent and Delaware with 10 percent. This poll dealt with all aspects of trusts, not just dynasty trusts.
The Nevada legislature has pushed over the last several decades to make Nevada more friendly to businesses and more attractive to those looking for tax advantages, structures, and laws that promote instead of stifle business. Fortune magazine concluded, "Nevada’s attraction is that it has one of the lowest costs of doing business in the West."
Companies like Tesla, Hyperloop Technologies, and Aqua Metals moved to Nevada to take advantage of huge savings. Consider some of the advantages of doing business in Nevada:
- Nevada does not tax corporate profits or LLC profits.
- Nevada does not tax corporate shares of LLC ownership. Most states tax individual shares in a company.
- Nevada has no franchise tax.
- Nevada has no personal income tax.
- Nevada does not have an Information Sharing Agreement (ISA) with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service.
- Shareholders of corporations/owners of Nevada LLC are not public records - shareholders can remain anonymous.
- Officers and Directors of Nevada corporations can be protected from personal liability for lawful acts of the corporation.
- A Nevada corporation may purchase, hold, sell or transfer shares of its own stock.
- A Nevada corporation may issue stock for capital, services, personal property, or real estate, including leases and options! The Directors may determine the value of any of these transactions and their decision is final.
- A Nevada corporation may issue stock for nearly anything of value and the valuation of shares cannot be questioned.
There is no question that Nevada is very business friendly. No longer known just for an economy of gambling, Nevada has emerged as a friend to businesses of all kind.